Subject: Re: NetBSD to HP9000/340 (fwd)
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/23/1996 15:27:44
On Tue, 23 Jul 1996 08:49:19 -0600
 Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org> wrote:

 > I didn't think the 340 had hs-hpib... But then I'm not a pro...

Well, you could install a high-speed HP-IB card rather than a SCSI card...

 >  > > - HP98643 LAN interface, maybe wrecked?
 >
 > "maybe wrecked"? If it's wrecked, it's definitely not worth $300...

Yah, agree with Herb.  An hp300 with a duff ethernet isn't worth much.
You could always install a DIO ethernet card, but that's a waste of the
one slot on the 340.

 >  > I think that means machine have HP-IB interface, but this odd
 >  > 7963B in some=
 >  >  kind of SCSI adapter which can connect SCSI-drives to HP-IB channel?
 >
 > to my knowledge, the disks inside an hpib box are ESDI or MFM but not SCSI.
 > If you want to do SCSI on a 340, you need to get a SCSI card.  The 340 has
 > one slot..

I _think_ they're MFM...

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --