Subject: Re: NetBSD to HP9000/340
To: Tommi Kangasaho <cctoka@tit.fi>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/23/1996 11:58:02
On Tue, 23 Jul 1996, Tommi Kangasaho wrote:

> I have good chance to get cheap 300 $ (it is cheap?) HP9000/340 with
> various cards, and I have problems to figure out that can I use NetBSD in
> this machine.

What you describe sounds a lot like the hardware I have here, and I'm
running it without any difficulty.  Note that the 340 is a pretty slow
machine -- but it runs.  I can't comment on the price, though I've heard
rumors of them being sold for much more, elsewhere.

> I think that means machine have HP-IB interface, but this odd 7963B in
> some kind of SCSI adapter which can connect SCSI-drives to HP-IB channel?

The 7963B is a 3-disk enclosure with an HP-IB interface, and will plug
into the 340's HP-IB connector without any problem.  Since you have two
disks, you still have room to expand, if you can find another disk.  (It
should be the same disk as in the 7959B, but I'm not sure about whether
the mounting hardware is the same.)

--scott