Subject: Re: Hope for Apollo Domain Series 3550?
To: None <onat@ohv.kuee.kyoto-u.ac.jp, port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Onat Ahmet <onat@ohv.kuee.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/17/1996 15:24:21
Jason Thorpe wrote:

|> Heh ... One day, certainly.  It's definitely nothing like the hp300,
|>	however, and will have its own port.

Hi;

I have recently joined this list, and have been reading the
messages for about ten days...

I have a HP 9000-340, with color monitor, 4M RAM, 5.25 MO,
40MB HDD (yes, 40 MB!), floppy drive etc. (all drives are
connected with HPIB, but drives themselves are SCSI.)

It was used for controlling some medical equipment before
it came into my hands. All that seems to be loaded is
BASIC, and a special purpose windows oriented control
program.

My impression is that it is very slow, and does not
look as if it can be of much use. (But I love
old computers anyway!)

On the other hand; I see postings as above, saying that
HP300 is not a bad machine.

Is it that HP300 and my HP9000-340 are very different
machines, or just difference of opinion? Are there
any ways to load some useful OS onto it from BASIC?
NetBSD port300 seems to need HP-UX first.

Am I right? Is this the end of the world as we know it?
Can somebody please help me?!!!

Thanks;

Ahmet ONAT

PS: I don't have the part numbers of the attached things
at hand now, but I can get them if necessary.

| Ahmet ONAT  Kyoto Univ. Japan                                 |
| E-mail    : onat@kuee.kyoto-u.ac.jp                           |
| WWW page  : http://turbine.kuee.kyoto-u.ac.jp/staff/onat.html |
|             My 6 leg walker, RC airplanes & more in home page |