Subject: Re: Could somebody help me id hp9000/300 machine ?
To: Jarkko Torppa <torppa@cute.fi>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/15/1996 12:09:43
On Mon, 15 Jul 1996 21:29:18 +0300
 Jarkko Torppa <torppa@cute.fi> wrote:

 > My friend purchased hp9000/300 computer(?) for 20Fim($4), it's missing display
 > and keyboard cable.
 >
 > It's cpu-card has RS-232,Video,Audio,HIL and HP-IB connectors and is marked
 > 512a. Identifiable components are M68010,1mb of ram, two chips that are
 > covered with heat sinks and some video ram. Chips manufacturing dates are
 > between 85-86.

Looks like your friend is the proud owner of an hp310.  Sadly enough,
NetBSD doesn't run on that box.  I think you can run HP-UX 5.x and HP
BASIC.  Maybe HP Pascal.

 > I do know that this is the wrong place to ask this question, but I were unable
 > to find anything with web-searches. And I realize that this machine might be
 > unable to run anything modern, but one can allways hope.

The backplane is at least usable... you might be able to scavenge an
hp320 CPU board somewhere cheap....

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --