Subject: serial port question
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tony Povoas <tony@cs.strath.ac.uk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/28/1996 14:57:50
I've recently acquired an hp400 which I'm successfully running the NetBSD hp300
port on, with X etc enabled.

Can someone please let me know which device should correspond to my serial port.
I've tried /dev/tty00 and /dev/tty0 with no success.

On boot dmesg reports dca0 as being found. In  MAKEDEV this is referred to
as being the serial port interface from which the mknod call for /dev/tty0 is
issued.

However when attempting to communicate with /dev/tty0 using kermit and pppd I
get no response. I know the modem and serial line are OK as I've tested them
elsewhere. Am I using the correct tty name ( tty0 ) for the serial port?

Thanks

Tony

Tony Povoas			email: tony@cs.strath.ac.uk
Computing Officer		phone: +44 141 552 4400 xt 3593
Department of Computer Science  fax  : +44 141 553 4101
University of Strathclyde
The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
the views of either the Department or the University.