Subject: Re: Keymaps...
To: Markku Siitonen <markku@norrkoping.se>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/23/1996 11:33:42
[ Sorry this took so long ... I've missed a large chunk of mail,
  apparently... --thorpej ]

On Mon, 17 Jun 1996 00:46:08 +0200
 Markku Siitonen <markku@norrkoping.se> wrote:

 > Now I'm finished some MegaBytes of documents and came to a conclusion..
 > I'm in a desperate need of a keymap for a Swedish keyboard...
 >
 > Anyone who can mail me some information about where to find a map-file
 > for a Swedish keyboar or can tell me how to make such a file ??
 > or I can do something simpler and buy me an US ASCII keyboard...

I've never personally made a keymap ... err, however, looking at
hil_keymaps.c, there certainly appears to be a Swedish keymap.  Here's
the CVS log:

----------------------------
revision 1.6
date: 1995/12/06 22:13:23;  author: thorpej;  state: Exp;  lines: +85 -1
Keymap for the Swedish HIL keyboard, from Tomas Tengling
<ltt@cd.chalmers.se>.
----------------------------

But, it looks like it's not in the keymap table by default.  That's a
goof on my part.. They probably ought to be enabled by default in the
GENERIC kernel...

Try adding:

options SE_KEYBOARD			# Swedish HIL keyboard map

to your kernel config file, and rebuild your kernel (specifically, you'll
need to remove hil_keymaps.o, if you want to avoid a "make clean").

 > One more thing... when I try to use my terminal the booting procedure
 > 'hangs' directly after it prints out the MAC address of my ethernet
 > adapter... ?? anyone having the same problem ? this is why I can't
 > use my terminal...

Define "try to use my terminal" ... as the conole, or just as an
auxillary tty?  There is a known bug in the port which causes ill
behavior (often a spurious interrupt panic) if XON/XOFF flow control is
enabled on the terminal.  I know what I have to do to take care of that
problem, but unfortunately, fixing that bug will break the HIL (don't ask..)
Once I figure out how to deal with both at once, I'll fix that...

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --