Subject: wyse terminal as serial console
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bartholomew Niswonger <bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/16/1996 22:32:42
Hello, I have finally tracked down a working terminal to use as a
serial console for my hp9k/340's.  It is a wyse WY-75 terminal.  I had
to get it because my vt100 would not let me turn software handshaking
off.  I unplugged the serial cable from my vt100 and plugged it into
the wyse, and checked the settings on the wyse to make sure the baud
was right for the modem port, and turned everything on, and nothing
happens.

I have tried 9600 baud + none parity + 8 data bits with no
luck.  This is exactly what I was using on the vt100!

What is going on here?  Does anyone have any experience with wyse and
hp's that might help?  Can someone tell me what the serial console of
an hp 340 expects to speak at?  or if there is some funkiness with the
hp and/or wyse serial ports that they need a special cable?

Any insights will be very much appreciated!!

Bart Niswonger