Subject: Re: problems with 2 scsi disks on a HP 9000/400T
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@iastate.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/25/1996 11:52:51
>Thorsten Frueauf <frueauf@ira.uka.de>  wrote:
> > Now I get problems with the second disk - a Quantum Lighning 730S.
>
>I don't actually know what's happening with your setup but I don't mind saying
>I've seen and had no end of problems with Quantum drives... On hp300's as well
>as i386's... It'll be a pretty frosty day in hell before I buy one of those
>drives...

Weird.  I've had the opposite experience.  My 730 at home is my primary
system disk *knock wood*, and I have an 850 trailblazer there, and an IDE
trailblazer in the office.  No problems in upwards of a year.
--
Sean Berry is a computer scientist trapped in an engineer's mind.
I imagine someone is likely to misinterpret my opinions as those of my