Subject: Re: HP/Apollo Question
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Thomas A. McLeary <tmac@home.glasscity.net>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/23/1996 06:08:31
At 7:59 AM 2/22/96, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>On Thu, 22 Feb 1996 07:11:10 -0500
> tmac@home.glasscity.net (Thomas A. McLeary) wrote:
>
> > At boot time, it says it has the 98550 display HW. The FAQ says this HW is
> > supported, so do you mean that the display code is missing altogether for
> > the 'e' models, or just certain hardware.
>
>e's could be configured with either DIO or SGC busses, and you got
>exactly one slot of whichever you chose.  If you 425e has a DIO bus, you
>probably will win.  Sure it's an e?  They were a desktop that looked a
>lot like a 715.  The bootrom didn't support serial console, and some of
>them had a floppy drive.

Actually I haven't a clue exactly which model it is (in another post I
asked how to tell). This one is definitely not a desktop. It's a
pseudo-tower.

As a matter of fact, the styling of the tower is pretty cool! :-)

-T

Tom McLeary
tmac@glasscity.net

"Hell hath no fury like Bill Gates's scorn..."

SYSTEM ERROR: Clue Buffer Empty (OS/Clue Server)