Subject: Re: HP/Apollo Question
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Andrew Carey <careya@PEAK.ORG>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/22/1996 16:18:41
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:
> e's could be configured with either DIO or SGC busses, and you got
> exactly one slot of whichever you chose.  If you 425e has a DIO bus, you
> probably will win.  Sure it's an e?  They were a desktop that looked a
> lot like a 715.  The bootrom didn't support serial console, and some of
> them had a floppy drive.

I believe that the 425e only came with a SGC bus, which was for a graphics
adapter integrated right into the motherboard.

It also remembles the 710, 705(?), 700/RX a bit more closely than the
715. :)

Andy Carey		| "One cannot be successful in running typical
careya@peak.org		|  HP-UX boxes with man pages."
careya@bofh.org.uk	| - Bill Hassell <blh@hpuerca.atl.hp.com>