Subject: Re: HP/Apollo Question
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas A. McLeary <tmac@home.glasscity.net>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/22/1996 07:05:51
At 8:32 AM 2/21/96, David Alan Gilbert wrote:
>Hi Tom,
>  You can boot 340's remotely - it works and works well - but....
>We have had hte problem that when rbootd is running on the server the
>server crawls to a halt (oops - rbootd is the bit which sends the
>HP specific boot loader).
>We are trying to get a discless 340 to boot off a discfull 340; unfortunatly
>running rbootd on the discfull 340 causes it to start running so slowly it
>misses keyboard characters.  That shouldn't be a problem if your
>network is lightly loaded but ours is full to overflowing.

My overall topology will consist of:

- The HP/Apollo as an NFS server for home directories, print server, mail
   server, etc.
- The diskless HP340 workstation booting off the HP/Apollo
- 12 PCs running Linux
- 1 SGI Iris

I would think this is a light loading as the ony time the PCs would be
running is during the UNIX class's lab time.

Thanx!

Tom McLeary
tmac@glasscity.net

"Hell hath no fury like Bill Gates's scorn..."

SYSTEM ERROR: Clue Buffer Empty (OS/Clue Server)