Subject: Re: rbootd for FreeBSD
To: Frank Bartels <knarf@camelot.de>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/02/1996 00:14:52
On Fri, 2 Feb 1996, Frank Bartels wrote:

> Great, it works! THANK YOU!

No problem. :-)

> Now I am able to load and run SYS_INST and SYS_NBOOT. I think I don't
> need SYS_INST, because I have no local disk attached to the hp. Running
> SYS_NBOOT always tells me:
>
> No response for RARP request
> le(0,0,0,0): Unknown error: code 60

Usually this means you need to create a file in /tftpboot on the NFS
server whose name is the IP address as an 8-digit hexadecimal number.
That is, 192.0.0.1 would be C0000001, and you could create a dummy file
for the NetBSD box with

	touch /tftpboot/C0000001

Also, double check that you have lines /etc/ethers, /etc/hosts, and
/etc/bootparams corresponding to your machine's Ethernet (MAC)
address/IP/hostname.

--scott