Subject: Binary compatibility
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chee-Tuck Lim <ctlim@iastate.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/31/1996 01:00:08
Hi,

I have finally got one of my machines up and running NetBSD (switching from
Doamin/OS to NetBSD).  If anyone need the same help, I am willing to answer if I
could.

Anyway, in INSTALL file :-

>NetBSD 1.1 has significantly enhanced the binary emulation subsystem
>(which includes iBCS2, Linux, OSF/1, SunOS, SVR4, Solaris and Ultrix
>compatibility) and several kernel subsystems have been generalized
>to support this more readily.  The binary emulation strategy is
>aimed at making the emulation as accurate as possible.

Does this mean that NetBSD is binary compatible with the OSes mentioned
above?  When tried to run a few programs of other platform but NetBSD told
me Wrong Architecture... Any pointer is appreciated.

Thanks.
  Lim Chee Tuck               <ctlim@iastate.edu>
  Iowa State University       http://www.public.iastate.edu/~ctlim/