Subject: SYS_INST
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: benno hp maillist <benhp@avery.apana.org.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/26/1996 09:21:31
Hi everybody,

Ive inherited a couple of 9000/345's and want to chance them from
hpux-8 to netbsd, and i have got a small problem(what else).

I can make SYS_INST boot if i do a raw write to a new drive(dd if=SYS_INST
of=/dev/dsk/1s0) but can't make it appear with the other sysoptions
when i but it in root on the org disk
i edited the boottab file but it made no diff i am obviously missing
somthing very basic as i am not that familliar with hpux
if any body can give me a hint it would be gratly apreciated
once i have netbsd running on it i will be on familiar ground(sorta).

In case you need to know

HP 345
16meg
rodime drive
added a conner 345(the one i can rawwrite to)
internal lan
hill keyboard
etc
etc

Thanks for any help  any body can give me

Benno