Subject: Re: How to get NetBSD on my machine ?
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Zadok <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/19/1996 11:49:25
On Sun, 14 Jan 1996, Jason Thorpe wrote:

Hi there...

>  > My Problem: I have a hp345, 16MB RAM and so on, running fine... the
>  > problem is: It runs HP-Pascal. But there seem some parts missing... I
>  > have a Linux-Box standing next door, but i can't rbootd get compiled, may
>  > be it uses some HP-UX or BSD-specific ??? I really have to do better
>  > things than inventing the bicycle the 12456th time... has anyone here got
>  > it running under Linux ( for PCs ) and could send me the binaries ?
>
> What are the problems you're having with rbootd?  It does use the
> Berkeley Packet Filter.

yup... there is a file called bpf.c which #includes net/bpf.h, that's
missing... Linux seems not to know this packet filter. Is there a version
of rbootd that doesn't depend on it ? May be one for a system V ? The
Linux-libc is much like system V...
Anyway, I've found another possibility, my Acorn Archimedes was able to
read and write disks with 16 sectors / 256 bytes, with a different
filesystem, but he knows at least the disk geometry, so i simply raw wrote
SYS_INST on a HP-disk and it boots...

Michael