Subject: Re: xdmcp for X server fixed
To: Mark Davies <mark@Comp.VUW.AC.NZ>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/11/1996 08:04:43
On Thu, 11 Jan 1996 21:41:17 +1300
 Mark Davies <mark@Comp.VUW.AC.NZ> wrote:

 > Will someone (Dave?) point me at the current NetBSD version of the server source
 > so I can see how it differs from what I've got.  That particular bug has been
 > fixed for atleast 2 years in the 4.4 version.  I haven't touched that file since
 > 93 and here is the patch I used:

Hmm ... it's really looking like we should put X in the tree... I think
I'll take this issue up with core...

 > > 	I also found a bug of some sort relating to server resets; the
 > > server would get a bus error in topcat.c:topcatScreenInit(). I just
 > > randomly discovered that inserting a usleep(500) at the appropriate
 > > point made the problem go away. It's hardware; well beyond me right
 > > now (if someone has any idea why this problem existed and why my
 > > kludge made it go away, I'd love to hear about it).
 >
 > I've never seen it happen myself.

Jason Downs and myself noticed that the server would occasionally dump
core.  Dave noticed this, too.  We also noticed that running an X server
compiled under 4.4BSD didn't lose.  I used to trigger the core dump with
xnetmaze .. Wonder if it was related to this?