Subject: Re: HPIB Dat drive.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Vince Vielhaber <vev@conch.aa.msen.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/28/1995 15:19:14
On Thu, 28 Dec 1995, Herb Peyerl wrote:

> I recently obtained a DAT drive which when plugged it into my
> PC scsi bus, blew up the card and at least one of the drives. Since
> it's an HP drive, Jason suggested it might be HPIB. After dismantling
> it, there is good evidence to suggest that there are indeed HPIB
> parts on the board.
>
> So, my question is, does anyone know how to go from the 50pin
> header connector that's on the thing to an HPIB connector? I
> can get the relevant connectors and cables, I just don't know the
> pinout... Has anyone run across anything like this?
>
> Herb.

Be careful it's not Differential SCSI.  That's intended for long runs and
utilizes a higher current (and perhaps voltage) to make up for the extra
cable lengths.

Vince.

Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    Email: vev@msen.com     Flame mail: /dev/null
            Database Manager --  Michigan Area Repeater Council
                MSEN.COM is NOT the Microsoft Network!!
# include <std/disclaimer.h>                              TEAM OS/2