Subject: Re: 1.1 miniroot
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev@conch.aa.msen.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/12/1995 13:34:15
On Tue, 12 Dec 1995 15:50:03 -0500 (EST)
 Vince Vielhaber <vev@conch.aa.msen.com> wrote:

 > What are the odds of getting miniroot installable from tape added in?  I'm
 > about to set up an hp-360 and have no idea where I'm going to find an NFS
 > server to install it from.  NFS is available for OS/2 (my desktop machine),
 > but it's not free and I'd only use it long enough to install miniroot.
 > Unless, of course, you (or anyone else) has a better idea..........  I'm
 > on this mailing list, and I'm all ears.  At some time in the future (when
 > things calm down) I'll even try to pitch into the development effort.

Any development assistance is greatly appreciated!  :-)

I plan on working on tape installation support for the next release.
Unfortunately, my one hpib tape drive is sort of flakey.

If someone wants to work on it, please contact me via private e-mail.
I'd like to coordinate efforts as much as possible.