Subject: keyboard on hp340
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bartholomew Niswonger <bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/06/1995 19:11:24
Hello, I am finally getting around to setting up my hp340 with the
very nice net install util, but I cannot seem to make my keyboard
work.  I dont know anything about HIL hardware, but is it possible I
need termination of some kind after my keyboard.  The connector is a
four conductor RJ-like plug, with two dots at one end, and one at the
other.  There is one hole on the cpu-box with 2 dots, so I plugged
that end in there, and 2 holes on the keyboard, one with 1 dot, and
one with 2.  I plugged it into the 1 dot hole.  At boot the keyboard
is probed, and the lights flash on it, but after that I cannot get any
response, I cannot get the lights (caps lock, etc) to work, nor can I
get any thing to show up on the screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bart Niswonger

   Bartholomew Niswonger
   bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu               Voice:..........312.955.2746

   CS Student...............University of Chicago
   Programmer...............Biological Sciences Division/Academic Computing
   Projects.................CGI/HTML & Databases
   OS of choice.............NetBSD {Amiga, hp300, i386}