Subject: Problems installing NetBSD 1.1
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jean-Denis Carretero <jd.carretero@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/03/1995 14:59:51
Hi,

Here's the problems i've encountered during the
unsuccessful installation of NetBSD 1.1 on an
Hp-Apollo model 433 motherboard ref. A1421, 68040
with 32 Mb of memory, a 660 Mb Micropolis 1558T SCSI disk.

1) Booting  SYS_INST from the archive/viper works
fine, disklabel too.

2)I was unable copying miniroot from an NFS server,
the normal (usual way), but after a direct connection with
the NFS server, a minimal "net" of 2 machines the NFS server
and the target on thin coax, works fine.

3) Booting the miniroot seemed ok, but at the prompt
each time i hit the keyboard i obtain garbage, something like
^k@\P###@@@@@, all the time. However i have a french flavor (alas)
of the HP-IL keyboard, apart form the finger twiddling of z,q,a etc..
worked normally during disklabel phase, may be the difference
between french and US keyboard is deeper than the label of the keys ?

4) I've tried to configure the Hp-Apollo for remote console using
RS-232C and C-ITOH terminal (US KBD), everything seems to worked
fine but when i boot the miniroot i obtain the following:

The regent of the Universtray interrupt, sr 0x2500
stray interrupt, sr 0x2500
stray interrupt, sr 0x2500
stray interrupt, sr 0x2500
stray interrupt, sr 0x2500