Subject: Re: Woops.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/04/1995 12:26:25
 > I'm wanting to make the console driver more flexible, anyhow, to support
 > the sgc framebuffers and the Domain keyboards.  I've started that a
 > little.  The bootblocks for 1.1 will pass the select code of the console
 > device to the kernel, thereby eliminating the need to know about all
 > devices to find the console.  This is a step in the right direction, anyhow.

Eek.  I suppose I should finish my own statement.  The bootblocks
currently support it, but the kernel still does it the old way.  This
change will happen sometime down the road yet.

Alone these lines, I encourage everyone to update their bootblocks with
those from 1.1 when it's released.  When this console driver change is
made, bootblocks which pass the console select code will be _required_.