Subject: New mt driver
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 10/01/1995 20:34:03
Folks...

I just checked in a driver for the HP-IB 7974a, 7978a/b, 7979a, 7980a,
and 7980xc 9-track tapes.  The original was written by Mt. Xinu and
contributed to U of Utah, and ported to 4.4BSD by Mark Davies and Andrew
Vignaux.

Mark mentioned it should be pretty easy to port to NetBSD ... it appears
to have been; I only had to change one #include directive.  However, I
have no way of testing the driver, not having a tape drive of this sort.
Mark tells me it works terrifically under 4.4BSD on his 425, and I suspect
that this will be the case under NetBSD.  However, if someone could try
it out ASAP (I specifically remember someone out there saying they had
one, but I've lost their name), I'd really appreciate it.  I'd like to
confirm that it works by release time.

I'm going to try and have the dcl (98628) serial driver integrated by
release time, but I'm not counting on it.

Ciao.