Subject: Re: Working hp300 network boot code!
To: Tomas Tengling <ltt@cd.chalmers.se>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/14/1995 12:42:42
On Thu, 14 Sep 1995, Tomas Tengling wrote:

> Is device files over nfs supposed to be different under different OS?

Well, since you're talking about HP-UX, I'm not surprised.  I've always
been, um, intrigued by the way devices are handled in HP-UX.

> Shouldn't it be possible to create device files on a diskless client?

I suppose it should, but I've just tried it on my own NetBSD (i386)
machine to an HP-UX host and failed.  I'd guess it's HP NFS bogosity,
since I can use mknod/MAKEDEV on my hp300 netbooted machines to their
NetBSD NFS servers just fine.

--scott