Subject: Re: Problems with X Server
To: Bayo Odutola <bayo@mindspring.com>
From: Mark Davies <mark@Comp.VUW.AC.NZ>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/12/1995 23:10:22
	From:  bayo@mindspring.com (Bayo Odutola)
	Date:  Tue, 12 Sep 1995 00:04:58 -0400

> However, when I tried to run the command '/usr/bin/X11/X :0 -query myhost' or
> '/usr/bin/X11/X :0 -query myhost' from the command line, I got the following
> error message:

> /usr/X11R5/lib/X0screens: No such file or directory
> Can't open screen configuration file, defaulting to /dev/grf0.

Those two lines are only a warning and you can shut it up by creating a
/usr/X11R5/lib/X0screens file and putting "/dev/grf0" in it.

> XDMCP fatal error: Session declined No valid address

> I got this error message when myhost was set to the local or any remote
> hosts. The only way that I could get the X server to run locally was to
> include the line ':0 /usr/bin/X11/X' in my Xservers file. If I supply any
> other arguments like -query or -indirect, it does not work and I get the above
> error message.

Don't know whats happening here.  I can't speak about the NetBSD port directly
but certainly the 4.4bsd version its derived from handles -query with a remote
host as I use it here every day.

cheers
mark