Subject: Interrupt stuff...
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/10/1995 15:48:20
Is anyone out there willing to test some re-worked interrupt handling
code?  I've tried it on my diskless 319; works fine, and drops less
packets on a `ping -f', but I haven't had the opportunity to try it
on my 380 yet.

Briefly, what changed:
Added:
        hp300/isr.c

Modified:
        conf/files.hp300.oldconf

        dev/dma.c
        dev/dca.c
        dev/dcm.c
        dev/hil.c
        dev/hpib.c
        dev/if_le.c
        dev/scsi.c

        hp300/autoconf.c
        hp300/isr.h
        hp300/locore.s
        hp300/machdep.c
        hp300/vectors.s

This re-worked code is a bit more generalized, and removed hard-coded
interrupt handler names from locore.s.  It will also allow the changing
of the interrupt level on devices that have that capability.  (For
example, on systems with a `Configuration EEPROM', like the 380, 345, 375,
and 400-series, you can change the interrupt level of the SCSI
controller, LAN interface, etc.)  This is also partly in preparation for
the eventual migration to new-style config.  Ideas and some code were
borrowed from the Sun 3 port.

For those who rely on the `dcafastservice' hack (i.e. anyone using the
built-int serial port for a SLIP or PPP link), it's still there (albeit,
not in locore) and can be enabled using `options DCAFASTSERVICE'.

In any case, help would definitely be appreciated.  I can currently test
it on a 319 and 380 (well, on the 319 until I can reboot the 380 :-), but
I'd like to run it on some other systems before it gets committed.

Thanx!