Subject: New snapshot...
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/04/1995 18:50:19
There's a new binary snapshot on:

	ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/arch/hp300/

The diskless stuff is in there ... please try it out and report any
problems to me.  Some folks have already repoted problems with incomplete
arp entries in the kernel arp table, causing the RPC stuff (well, _any_
IP stuff) to yak.  This problem seems sporradic at best ... In over 50
diskless boots of my hp319, I saw it exactly _once_ .. and it's not
hp300-specific, either.  I've been told of this happening while
netbooting MVM-147s, and have experienced it once while netbooting a Sun
SS1.  I'll try to take a look at it this week.  (If someone else wants
to, by all means, please do :-)

In any case, if you _do_ see this problem, do an `arp -a' and look for
the booting client ... the entry will probably be `(incomplete)'.  To
work around the problem do:

	arp -d client_ip ; arp -a client_ip client_ether

Do this as root, and do it all in one line like that ... I've found that
otherwise there's enough time for a garbage entry to creep back into the
arp table.  *shrug*

Anyhow, have fun, and, as always, let me know if you have any problems.

Ciao.