Subject: Re: NetBSD and HP425E
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Andrew Carey <careya@peak.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/30/1995 17:32:28
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Aug 1995 16:28:41 -0700
>  Andrew Carey <careya@PEAK.ORG> wrote:
>  > The 425 itself doesn't support the serial port as a console in the rom. the
>  > serial ports themselves might possibly be usuable, but I think there're
>  > non-300/400 standard ports.
>
> Be a _little_ more specific ... the 425e doesn't :-)  I've _used_ serial
> console on a 425s before :-)

Bad typo :) I've got most of my 425's and t's living on serial consoles now.

>  > The built-in digital audio is not supported, but I'm trying to get docs out
>  > of HP. The same goes for the parallel port.
>  >
>  > The built-in cdrom (if you have one) should work fine. I don't think the
>  > built-in floppy drive (if you have one) is supported.
>
> Andy .. While you're at it, ask about the floppy drive :-)

Likewise, this might be found in the PA Mach port. It appears that it is a
scsi floppy drive, probably the same as sold for 700s. They were also appearently
available for the 4xxs.

Anyone else out there want to contribute their wish device to be supported?
Might as well go for the whole enchilada while I'm at it, although several
salesdroids have said such information is proprietary and isn't released at
all.

Andy Carey                                                careya@peak.org