Subject: Re: NetBSD and HP425E
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Andrew Carey <careya@PEAK.ORG>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/30/1995 16:28:41
"Matthias Scheler" <tron@lyssa.owl.de> wrote:

> 	Hi,
>
> simple question: will NetBSD work on a HP425E?

Sort of. The 425e will probably run NetBSD just fine, except-

Under NetBSD, you won't have a console as SGC slot graphics cards
are not supported currently. So no X..

The 425 itself doesn't support the serial port as a console in the rom. the
serial ports themselves might possibly be usuable, but I think there're
non-300/400 standard ports.

The built-in digital audio is not supported, but I'm trying to get docs out
of HP. The same goes for the parallel port.

The built-in cdrom (if you have one) should work fine. I don't think the
built-in floppy drive (if you have one) is supported.

Andy Carey                                                careya@peak.org