Subject: Re: diskless hp340
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/03/1995 08:43:05
On Thu, 03 Aug 1995 09:15:39 -0600
 Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca> wrote:

 > Is anyone actively working on this?  I've got a 319 and a 400t (68040)

Well, so far I haven't had the resources to work on it.  However, forces
of nature willing, I'll bet getting a couple more hp300 machines `soon'

 >   >> NetBSD NETWORK BOOT HP9000/380/425 CPU [$Revision: 1.3 $]
 >   netboot>
 >
 > but it doesn't get much farther than that (It won't even do the NFS
 > mount, as the sources indicate it can).  I've been playing around with
 > the sources a bit (not much time :-( ) and I think part of the problem is
 > that I'm using netboot code from -current, and kernel stuff and libraries
 > from 1.0 (e.g. the NFS stuff is handled differently).

I distinctly remember Charles mentioning that he was `close', but didn't
have the time to finish it up.

 > Is there a snapshot of NetBSD-current for HP300's dated sometime after
 > the newer NFS stuff came in, and after the netboot stuff was added?
 > Or must I attempt to get -current running myself?  (If I must compile
 > it myself, how stable/useable/compilable is the July 29 release?)

There is currently no binary snapshot for the hp300.  I'll try to correct
this as soon as I can.  (It's one of the things on my list...)  As for
stable source, I'll let you know.  There are a few pr's pending in that
source, and as soon as my hp300 at home is up to date, I'll close them
and let you know how well it's working.