Subject: Re: Problem booting a 370
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Chris Trown <ctrown@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/03/1995 10:00:25
Jason Thorpe sez

> On Wed, 2 Aug 1995 22:16:22 -0700 (PDT)
>  Chris Trown <ctrown@ecst.csuchico.edu> wrote:
>
>  >      "Well this sucks" I said to myself, and went on a quest to get around it.
>  > I installed .9C without really knowing that it was an older version.
>
> Heh .. ``Really older.''  0.9C was pretty bad on the hp300...I didn't
> know there were even still images of it around :-)  Mine died with my
> last 7945...

     I found it on gatekeeper.dec.com in /pub/BSD/NetBSD/arch/hp300

> Sounds vaguely like you don't have anything in /dev on the new disk...
> If you've still got the 0.9C stuff around, mount the 1.0 disk and run
> MAKEDEV in the right place...While you're at it, untar the 1.0 binaries
> there, too.

     That was the problem all right.  Made all the devices, and it came up.
Thanks to all for your help!

>  >      Also, how do I boot a system on a different disk without having to change
>  > the disks' addresses?
>
> Hit the <spacebar> during bootrom initialization ... you'll get a choice.

     I using a terminal connected via the serial port.  When I turn it on, it
looks like it thinks it's still connected to a HP terminal.  Looks like a lot
of terminal control codes.  Any way to change that?

Chris...

+         Chris Trown	    + 	       Fly low		|   		      +
+ ctrown@ecst.csuchico.edu  +	      and avoid		| Will OGG for a job! +
+   KD6EVS | '92 CBR600F2   +  	      the radar		|		      +