Subject: Re: diskless hp340
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/03/1995 09:15:39
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Unfortunately, the hp300 netboot code doesn't work yet ... It's Yet
> Another Item On The TODO List.

Is anyone actively working on this?  I've got a 319 and a 400t (68040)
on my desk right now.  The 319 is happily running NetBSD 1.0
with it's own local disk.  The 319 is also running rbootd.
As I write this, the 400t says:

  >> NetBSD NETWORK BOOT HP9000/380/425 CPU [$Revision: 1.3 $]
  netboot>

but it doesn't get much farther than that (It won't even do the NFS
mount, as the sources indicate it can).  I've been playing around with
the sources a bit (not much time :-( ) and I think part of the problem is
that I'm using netboot code from -current, and kernel stuff and libraries
from 1.0 (e.g. the NFS stuff is handled differently).

I think my next goal before playing much more with the netboot stuff
should be to get -current going...  On that note:
Is there a snapshot of NetBSD-current for HP300's dated sometime after
the newer NFS stuff came in, and after the netboot stuff was added?
Or must I attempt to get -current running myself?  (If I must compile
it myself, how stable/useable/compilable is the July 29 release?)

Thanks...

Later...

Greg Oster

oster@cs.usask.ca
Department of Computer Science
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA