Subject: Installing to Domain Equipped 425e
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kerry Schwab <kschwab@nyx10.cs.du.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/19/1995 10:43:37
I am interested in installing NetBSD on a 425e that is currently
set up for Domain/OS.

A few questions:

1) I inherited this machine with no passwords, and so I can only
   watch as the machine boots into the domain 'X' login screen.
   What is the 'magic' keyboard sequence (on a Domain keyboard) to
   get the PROM monitor prompt ?

2) From looking over mailing list archives, it appears that the
   Domain keyboard is not supported.  I don't have any $$ to spend on
   HPHIL, so can I install from a serial console ? (Assuming the PROM
   monitor will allow to boot this way... I haven't seen it yet)

3) Is anyone working on support for Domain keyboards ?

--
Kerry
(please forward a copy of any replies to 'kschwab@nyx.cs.du.edu', as