Subject: Building a 1.0 kernel for a 345
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com <eeh@btr.btr.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/28/1995 10:00:16
1) I have been trying to build a new kernel for an hp-9000/345.  The new
kernel boots, but as soon as I go into multi-user mode I get a panic
(single-user mode seems to work fine).  I'm using the 1.0 distribution,
and I tried several levels of customization, from GENERIC with kgdb
disabled to just the devices listed in the autoconfig log from the
INSTALL kernel.  Nothing seems to work.

2) What is the config file used to build the INSTALL kernel, and why
isn't it with the source distribution?

3) The hpux-compat option seems to depend on a non-existant file called
kern/exec_hpux.c.  Where can it be found?

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@btr.com
"Cliffs are for climbing.  That's why God invented grappling hooks."
					- Benton Frasier