Subject: Re: A few questions Re: netboot
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Cameron Blackwood <korg@rdt.monash.edu.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/08/1995 12:18:48
I wrote:

 | X11
 | ---
Thanks, for the reply. Hopefully I will have X running on my topcat
display in glorious 16 color real soon. Well, its only an X
terminal. :)

 | Diskless Boot
 | -------------
Still no joy. Anyone got any info on this? Those 7945 are really
starting to bug me. :)

 | NFS mount rw
 | ------------
 |
 | I couldnt seem to mount the disks read/write during the bootstap
 | process.

While I am confessing about the ethernet problem, I may aswell confess
about this one too. It was my fault too. I know you are all surprised by
this. I didnt have the authority stuff, I think it was, set up
correctly and so the PC was exporting it "ro" (as default). I set
insecure in /etc/exports and it was away.

Never guess I sysadmin a machine would you? :) Still, I put it down to
lack of experiance with network machines. Thats my excuse. :) Feel
sorry for my users.

Anyway, it all works now. I gave the HP booting BSD off one disk and
mounting /usr via NFS. Its all wonderful! Yaaaaaaaaaa!

Another question, if I may:
  * Anyone have any details on the bus interface/card interface for
    the HP?
Looks to me like it may be fun to play with its electrics. :)

 | thanks,
 | cam
its ok cam,
cam

--
 / `Rev Dr' cameron.blackwood@rdt.monash.edu.au       skeptic, virtual goth \
< [+61 3] 905 3403 or 809 1523                BSD Unix, C/C++, genetics, ATM >