Subject: Re: A few questions Re: netboot
To: Cameron Blackwood <korg@rdt.monash.edu.au>
From: Mark F Willey <willey@ecn.purdue.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/07/1995 10:08:57
"In a previous message, Cameron Blackwood wrote:"

> Whee!! It works! :) Happy, happy, happy. Joy, joy, joy!
>
> Well, I finally got the network card working! I installed netbsd and
> it worked fine! I do have one or two questions.... (ok then, 3
> questions! :)

Good to hear.  I was a little worried that it wouldn't work when I got your
mail about a week ago.  What turned out to be thre problem/fix?

> Maybe my disks are getting old (this _IS_ true), one I need to
> powercycle after it starts up to clear the fault light and another has
> had one pack up on me, already. This is why I would rather NFS mount
> everything, if I could. I get about the same performance :)

Actually, I had this problem as well - I needed to totally shut down
between boots.  Putting as much on NFS as possible would probably be a good
idea.  ;-)

Mark