Subject: Re: compiling -current
To: Tommy Johnson <protius@keman.hcc.cord.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/30/1995 22:22:48
On Thu, 30 Mar 1995 21:40:27 -0800
 Tommy Johnson <protius@keman.hcc.cord.edu> wrote:

 > in /usr/src/libexec:
 > lfs_cleanerd compiled only with -static
 >    ld: internal error: number of symbols exceeds alloc'd [number]

Sounds like you need to rebuild/install your linker.  You're going to
need a -current kernel first...make sure it has COMPAT_10 in it.  Then
re-install your includes, libs, ld/as/cc, the libs again, then thw whole
tree...it's a pain, but it worked for me...Maybe I overdid it, but It was
relatively safe...

 > I can't really afford to sup, and recompile regularly.  I would just like
 > something happy with the COMPAT_HPUX stuff.  Does anyone know where I
 > can get a source tree which will definately compile?  Or is this one fine,
 > and I am doing something silly?

I'm rather sorry you went through all that trouble...COMPAT_HPUX doesn't
work, and it probably won't for a while...

I might take a hard look at it one of these days...

Moffet Field, CA 94035                                 Pager: 415.428.6939