Subject: possible bug in sd.c
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/22/1995 10:11:50
Folks --

I've been having some trouble adding a Quantum 730S to my hp380 which I
believe to be a bug in sd.c.  Basically, the disk refuses to
autoconfigure upon reboot *unless* I power-cycle the machine and hit
<space> during the memory test to force the roms to probe for
bootblocks.  The roms frob the disk (the light blinks) as it works down
the chain (id6 -> id0) finds the bootblock on id0 and loads it, etc.

NetBSD/sparc *and* SunOS find this disk without a hitch.  However, I've
yet to determine if it's the sparc's scsi chip or the driver on top of it...

So, I'm curious to know, does anyone out there have documentation on
exactly how the hp300 roms probe the scsi chain, and if so, can I get a copy?

Thx.

Moffet Field, CA 94035                                 Pager: 415.428.6939