Subject: Re: Netscape.
To: Jason Downs <downsj@SJ.Xenotropic.COM>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/12/1995 19:54:21
On Sun, 12 Mar 1995, Jason Downs wrote:

> In message <199503120559.AAA03303@pain.lcs.mit.edu>,
> 	Chris G Demetriou writes:
> >some (including me 8-) would argue that the hp300 should be converted
> >to use 8k page sizes for all of its binaries.

> I think that the 4k page size should remain the default for the hp300,
> as far as what the kernel expects as it's `default' binary format.

I would tend to agree with Jason here; at the moment, COMPAT_HPUX is in
need of some attention, and if I understand things correctly the HP-UX
binaries use 4k page sizes.  It seems to be a logical conclusion that
going to an 8k page would all but kill any chance of HP-UX binaries
working.  (I'm interested in this because it would be nice to be able to
run HP's ypserv, rpc.statd and rpc.lockd... well, actually not nice at all,
but useful, anyway. :-)

--scott