Subject: X11 port to NetBSD on the HP300?
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Taylor <scott@huamoa.alve.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/12/1995 20:21:49
First of all, hello to everyone on the list; I am a new user of NetBSD 1.0 on
the HP300, so please bear with me while I flounder a bit.

Since the installation went so smoothly, I am getting ambitious and would like
to run X.  The target system is an HP9000/370 with 16 MB RAM, and the HP98550A
(Catseye?) graphics adapter.  Is there a port of X11 that I can grab and
easily compile?

I gave the stock MIT X11R6 distribution a try; NetBSD on the 300s isn't an
option "out of the box", and my initial dabbling resulted in the bootstrap
imake creating a 67 MB Makefile that make didn't grok.  If possible, I would
like to get X running without devoting a week to becoming an expert in
compiling it! ;-)

Thanks!
Scott

 Scott Taylor                                              Voice: 512.467.8868
 scott@alve.com                Web: www.alve.com             Fax: 512.467.8898
+----------+ 8868 Research Blvd. + Suite 403 + Austin, TX + 78758 +-----------+