Subject: Re: dca for slip/ppp
To: David Lohmann <lohmann@elbert.uccs.edu>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/17/1995 13:08:35
lohmann@elbert.uccs.edu (David Lohmann)  wrote:
 > I have been toying with the idea of using some old HP9000/340's for slip or
 > ppp dialins.  I would have to use the builtin dca.  Does anyone know if the
 > dca support under NetBSD makes this worth considering?

At the bottom of dca(4) it says:

BUGS
     Data loss is possible on busy systems with baud rates greater than 300.
     The dca has never been tested with modem control enabled or on anything
     but the built-in interface.

Now, given that; I'm running my hp380 (which I recently upgraded from an
hp345) with a 28.8k modem with a DTE of 38400 and it works just fine...

Of course, a 340 is a somewhat more hurting machine...