Subject: Booting NetBSD on diskless HP300's...
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/16/1995 23:04:34
Hello HP300 NetBSD Gurus...

In the next month or so I'll likely be installing NetBSD 1.0 on a network of
HP300-type machines, probably a couple of 319's, two 425's and three or four
400's.  While I'm not very familiar with what these machines have for memory,
monitors, and other hardware and such (heck, I can barely remember the model
numbers :-) ), I do know that all but the 425's are diskless.  Can the
diskless machines be made to run NetBSD as well, or is a local disk required?
(I havn't seen any mention of this in any documentation that I've read, but
if I've missed it, please point me to it..)
(We are currently running the 400's diskless under HP-UX 8.0, so I figure it
should be possible if NetBSD has the necessary stuff (It looks to me like it
has all the necessary pieces, but I'm not 100% certain...))

Thanks for your time...

Later...

Greg Oster

oster@cs.usask.ca
Department of Computational Science
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA