Subject: Re: occasional hangs
To: David Carrel <carrel@cisco.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/12/1995 15:53:33
On Sun, 12 Feb 1995 15:40:35 -0800
 David Carrel <carrel@cisco.com> wrote:

 > I have an hp380 (converted from a 375) and it hangs occasionally.  I am
 > running current (very current), but this has been happening for a long
 > time, even back in the days when I ran 1.0.  It only ever hangs when I
 > start kermit or when /etc/rc runs "ttyflags -a", but it doesn't hang
 > reliably.  In fact, most of the time these programs work just fine.  The
 > common factor here seems to be the DCA serial port.  When it hangs, it
 > hangs hard and I can't get into the debugger.

I saw this as well...I also saw it with the dcm serial port as well as
the dca...I'm pretty sure it's a fubar'd ioctl()...Altho, it's not
happening at all, lately...I noticed it when I switched back and forth
between clocal and -clocal...

Heh - I was about to take a look at the serial drivers, actually...

Moffet Field, CA 94035                                 Pager: 415.428.6939