Subject: Re: Disks... (HP-IB v. SCSI cost?)
To: Patrick Thomas <thomas@cps.cmich.edu>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/01/1995 09:22:58
Patrick Thomas <thomas@cps.cmich.edu>  wrote:
 >                1) Break the bank and assume that SCSI is worth $300
 >
 > Of course, if any NetBSD-ers might have a line on some of the above, I'd
 > be willing to entertain offers (or donations ;-).

You might want to send mail to carrel@cisco.com (in case Dave isn't
monitoring this)... He might be able to get you a better price on
a scsi card... My opinion is that if you're going to spend money in
making an old relic of a machine be useful, then counter that against
a cheap PC alternative that's going to be faster... Unless, like me,
you like having old hardware around just for the sake of having it and
making it useful...

H.