Subject: Re: That's one thing sorted out then !
To: Steve Roberts <steve@dafat.com.au>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/31/1995 17:49:36
On Wed, 1 Feb 1995 11:36:48 +1030
 Steve Roberts <steve@dafat.com.au> wrote:

 > Question: I have a 320 with 8 Megs of RAM and a few hundred megs of
 > disk. The OS is version 5.3. Has anyone installed NetBSD using the HPUX
 > 5.3 ?. Another question ?. Would anyone be willing to loaded the current
 > version of NetBSD onto a few of those stupid 16track tapes (9144 drive)
 > that the 300 series uses.

Yow.  I've installed it on a 320 before...but never with an OS that
old...read the install notes, and grab the installation program it
describes.  See if you can compile it...if so, then I'd think you're
ok...Basically, what you need to do is get a disklabel and root partition
onto the target drive, which this program does...

As for tapes...heh...I'm going to buy a 9144 ``soon'' - but, I don't
think the tape boot blocks work currently...at least, not the last time
I checked.  I've been meaning to work on them, but I don't have the tape
drive yet...

Later...

Moffet Field, CA 94035                                 Pager: 415.428.6939