Subject: Re: Booting NetBSD/HP300 on serial console
To: None <mfwhp@kids.sc.intel.com, port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Hibler <mike@cs.utah.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/15/1994 17:40:02
> From: Mark Willey - NetBSD HP300 List <mfwhp@kids.sc.intel.com>
> Subject: Booting NetBSD/HP300 on serial console
> To: port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG
> Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 16:06:44 -0800 (PST)
>
> Hi, All.
>
> This is really willey@en.ecn.purdue.edu
>
> I have one HP300 system working fine, and am trying to get a second one
> to work.  Unfortunately, when I hook up the monitor to this one, it is
> all messed up.
>
> Both have the same-looking RGB plugs, by messed up, I mean three columns
> of what should be one column, with a raggedy looking sync problem.

The 300s all used 60 Hz monitors.  The green cable has the necessary sync
signals so make sure you have it connected correctly.  There are also two
different resolutions that use two different monitors: 1280x1024 and 1024x768.
What is the product number of the card (on back by the connectors) and the
monitor?

> So...  I'm trying to boot it via the serial port.  Does anyone know what
> settings to use for speed + parity, etc, and what should I expect to see on
> my terminal?  I tried 9600bps ? parity, and got '@' and that's it...  Yes,
> I am using a null modem cable.

Should be 9600 + no parity.

> BTW, this system still has HPUX - I can put NetBSD 1.0 disks on it though.
> Also, this is two CPU boxes forming one.  I'm guessing that only one has a
> CPU in it???

The second box is probably a bus expander box.