Subject: Booting NetBSD/HP300 on serial console
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Willey - NetBSD HP300 List <mfwhp@kids.sc.intel.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/15/1994 16:06:44
Hi, All.

This is really willey@en.ecn.purdue.edu

I have one HP300 system working fine, and am trying to get a second one
to work.  Unfortunately, when I hook up the monitor to this one, it is
all messed up.

Both have the same-looking RGB plugs, by messed up, I mean three columns
of what should be one column, with a raggedy looking sync problem.

So...  I'm trying to boot it via the serial port.  Does anyone know what
settings to use for speed + parity, etc, and what should I expect to see on
my terminal?  I tried 9600bps ? parity, and got '@' and that's it...  Yes,
I am using a null modem cable.

BTW, this system still has HPUX - I can put NetBSD 1.0 disks on it though.
Also, this is two CPU boxes forming one.  I'm guessing that only one has a
CPU in it???

Thanks for any clues!

Mark