Subject: rbootd?
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Set <set@kickapoo.cs.iastate.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/12/1994 22:49:13
        Could someone help me with a brief description of what has
to be done to boot one hp from another, via network? I think, mainly
what Im missing is the boot file/s. Im not sure what Im suposed to
tell rbootd to feed to the booting machine, where it is, or how to
make it.
        Also, does anyone have any info on a card (98628a), calling
itself 'data comm    opt 100 async/dl  ftz #02429d'.
        I suspect it is a mux card, but it has a centronics 50 pin
connector on the back (like scsi?), and Im wondering if it is suposed
to work with one of these little boxes, that has a centronics, and
a bunch of db25 serial connectors that came with a 9000/550 I ended
up with...
        And totally on the side, does anyone know where I might
turn up an operating system that would run on an old hp9000/550?
Something I could maybe squeeze onto a 50meg drive....otherwise
this thing is just a silly footstool to me.

        In thankful anticipation;
               Paul Thompson
set@cs.iastate.edu