Subject: Re: Bootable tapes?
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/15/1994 09:55:15
On Mon, 15 Aug 1994 10:04:57 -0500 (CDT)
 Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com> wrote:

 > I have a 9145 cartridge drive (and a more than ample supply of tapes) and
 > it would be really handy to be able to make a boot tape so I can fire up
 > a 340 we have here.  Anybody have any hints or tips they can give me?  Is
 > it possible?

It should be possible, as there are ct bootblocks in the source tree...I
haven't spent much time mucking with it, though...

Check the SMM from NetBSD or 4.4-Lite...There might be instructions on
making a bootable tape in there...I haven't peered though all of my docs,
though, so that's a guess...

Later...

Jason R. Thorpe                thorpej@cs.orst.edu                   754-1554
OSU CS Support                    CSWest Room 12                     737-5567
                           CSOS NetBSD/Symmetry Project