Subject: Re: root image...
To: None <port-hp300@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/06/1994 10:05:53
On Sat, 6 Aug 1994 09:19:01 -40962758 (MDT)
 Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@sidney.novatel.ca> wrote:

 > : Also, it seems that kernels are not groking the single-chip
 > : hpib controllers (which were a total afterthought) on the 433...
 > : Does the autoconf sequence, and then just hangs...
 >
 > Nope. No ideas. Never done hpib on NetBSD so you're on your own.

Well, I plopped in a kernel with ddb, dropped it into the deubgger and
did a 'ps'...

The kernel got past the autoconfig sequence, and started init.  Then,
init seems to be forking, I'm assuming to start /bin/sh.  This is where
it "dies"...the parent init process (1) is in wait, blocking on the
child.  the child init process (3) seems to be stuck in pause...

Te processes running are as follows...
(0) swapper
(1) init
(2) pagedaemon
(3) init - apperantly trying to exec /bin/sh

When I go back to my office, I'll pull the machine apart, move SCSI id's
around, and see if I can't get the rootimage to work...

BTW...I read in one of Hibler's README's that the cdrom drive wasn't
supported...Is that out of date?  It seems to like mine just fine...

Later...

Jason R. Thorpe                thorpej@cs.orst.edu                   754-1554
OSU CS Support                    CSWest Room 12                     737-5567
                           CSOS NetBSD/Symmetry Project

------- End of Forwarded Message