Subject: Re: 98628A serial card
To: Mike Hibler <mike%cs.utah.edu@snake.cs.utah.edu>
From: Jeffrey A Law <law@snake.cs.utah.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/28/1994 22:04:01
	From:    mike@cs (Mike Hibler)

  > To: port-hp300@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu
  > Cc: mike@cs
  > Subject: 98628A serial card
  > Date: Tue, 28 Jun 1994 18:02:38 -0700
  > From: jason downs <downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU>
  >
  > does anyone have any driver code for the 98628A card?
  >
  > just curious..

  We have one.  It was written by Jeff Law back in his days at Deleware.
Did you have to mention my name in the same paragraph as that horrid
card & associated driver :)

  The 98628 is a horrible piece of hardware and he had little documentation
  available, so I don't know if he wants to turn it loose on the world or not.
  I'll let him decide.
Well, if they really want it, go ahead...  Though I'd be happy if you
removed any reference to my name :)

  We never used it much here, and didn't think there was much demand for it
  so we never released it.
Plus it was written using info from PLS source, so there was (is?) a
redistribution issue...  It certainly worked well enough though -- I pushed
a ton of data around with that card & driver.

Jeff